~Numerology: The Power Behind Numbers~
Numerology and the Power Behind Numbers
Numbers are all around us. In fact, everywhere we turn! They mark the passing of time and structure it in terms of days, weeks, months, and years. We use them to quantify things in our life as well as to qualify, especially in terms of monetary value. So numbers play a powerful role in our life, sometimes more than we may realize. For example, if you are feeling lucky and pick the right six lottery numbers, you could become a millionaire overnight. Likewise, if you lose money in gambling or in an unfortunate business deal, you might feel that Lady Luck isn’t on your side.
But numbers are much more than quantitative and qualitative systems of measurement. It has long been believed that they exude a kind of mystical power. Since ancient times, there has been speculation on the idea of an intrinsic relationship between numbers and objects or living things. The early Babylonians, Greeks, Christian mystics, Gnostics and Hebrews all developed their own esoteric system to tap into this so-called numerical power or essence. The ancient Hebrews used numerical symbolism in the Old Testament and numerology holds a significant place in the Jewish Cabala as well. The Greek philosopher Pythagoras developed a numerical theory to describe the power behind the universe. In more modern times, renowned physicists Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr both used numerical and mathematical systems to explain the basis of their scientific theories. These are all very complicated and involved ways of considering numbers.
How Numerology Works
Let’s start by looking at numbers in a basic way. Our number system is based on nine numbers between numbers one and nine, which are partnered together, used over and over, to create larger and more complicated numbers. Of course, there is also zero, but it has no numerological value on its own so we won’t include it here. These nine numbers can be broken down into two categories: odd or even. The different numerological systems assign certain qualities or characteristics to these numbers. For example, in a general sense, the odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9) are considered masculine and dynamic, while even numbers (2, 4, 6, 8) are viewed as feminine and static.
Numerology and Astrology
Numerological systems draw connections between the nine numbers and other esoteric and metaphysical practices. In an astrological system, the planets are given a number and the qualities and energies associated with that planet become associated with the number it is partnered with. For example, the number one corresponds to the Sun, which in astrology is the planet attributed with power, discipline and authority. The number two corresponds to the Moon, characterized by attractiveness, emotions and affection. The number six is connected with the planet Venus, which emulates romance, sensuality and understanding. The following chart reveals the recognized astrological planets and their corresponding numbers:
What Numerology Can Tell Us?
Numerology is considered a very complex predictive science. Its various systems provide us with a wealth of personal information about the mysterious and esoteric forces that shape our lives. Depending on the numerological system, we can learn about our talents, obstacles, destiny, character, and our capacity for love, luck and wealth.
Your Life Path Number
To give you the benefit of a numerological system, we are going to show you how to calculate and discover your Life Path Number. This number represents who you are at birth and the character traits that you will carry with you on your journey through life. Once you have completed your calculations for your life path number, you can discover what this number means for you.
Calculating Your Life Path Number
The single whole number obtained from the addition of the date, month and year of your birth is called your life path number. To discover your life path number, follow the example of the calculation below, but with your own birthday. Let’s calculate this number for someone born on April 25, 1970.
4 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 9 + 7 + 0 = 28 (2 + 8) = 10 (1 + 0)= 1
Your calculation: April is the fourth month of the year, so use that number to designate the birthday month and then add the numbers of the day and year. Don’t forget to breakdown your number into a single digit number. As you can see from the calculations above, the life path number is 1. Locate #1 on the list below to see what that life path number means.
LIFE PATH NUMBERS
1. You like to be first in everything! Your natural inclination places you where you can lead others no matter how small or large the endeavor. In personal relationships, you can be very assertive and like having those close to you show support for your goals and actions.
2. You have a charming, gracious personality that makes people want to be around you. You make friends easily and are a trusting and loyal companion. Very peace loving, you strive for harmony wherever you go and are a model of the spirit of cooperation.
3. You are an excellent communicator and like to express yourself creatively in some form of verbal communication. You’re full of wonderful ideas and love talking about them. You have a great deal of knowledge and talent to share with the world.
4. You are a builder, steadily working to achieve success. Work is very important to you and you’re likely very good at what you do because you are conscientious, give attention to details and like seeing results. Once your mind has been made up about something, there’s no changing it.
5. You enjoy doing a wide variety of things — and do them all well! So it’s no surprise that one of your best traits is your curiosity. You could have many different jobs during your lifetime. Freedom is important to you and plays a part in how your destiny unfolds.
6. Home and family are very important to you and your greatest joy is caring for and nurturing them and they are apt to depend on you for their strength. You are the one everyone runs to when they need a shoulder to cry on because of your sympathetic, loving nature.
7. You have a very original way of looking at life and need to spend alone thinking and studying. Your main goal in life is to acquire wisdom and grow in knowledge. An excellent friend, you befriend a few special people to share your private world and stick by those you grow to trust.
8. You are happiest when involved in a large-scale enterprise. Material things are important to you, as is success. You possess the determination and ability to achieve any goal you set for yourself. You may just need to focus and plan well.
9. You have strong humanitarian leanings and your basic impulse is to help and serve others, even if it might not be in your own best interests. Your loving, giving nature can be beneficially used in any of the healing professions or even giving of yourself in a volunteer capacity.